Substance Abuse Recovery Weekly Roundup – June 3rd Week
1. Addiction Is Not About Race’ Should It Be About Prison?
How much of a deterrent is a prison when it comes to drug addiction? The body wants what the body wants when it wants drugs. It doesn’t matter what your race is or your income level or position in society. (nj1015.com)
2. State Public Health Officials Award $8.2 Million For Addiction Treatment Housing
The program will assist adults, families, and youths in treatment and recovery by providing stable housing services to achieve self-sufficiency. (mass.gov)
2. Gianforte Donates Salary To Facility Treating Drug Addiction
HELENA, Mont. (AP) — Montana Gov. Greg Gianforte announced Wednesday that he will contribute his salary from the first quarter of 2021 to a Hardin facility treating substance abuse in southeast Montana. (elpasoinc.com)
3. Opinion: California Prisons Must Provide Inmates Addiction Treatment
Abuse by some is not justification for denying others their constitutional rights to life saving medication. (mercurynews.com)
4. Problem Gambling: Why Do Some People Become Addicted?
Gambling addictions are no laughing matter and can become severe and debilitating. Many biases surround the online betting world and gambling addictions. Still, it is essential to remember that not everyone becomes addicted to betting. It can become … (nativenewsonline.net)
5. Fighting Addiction Through Faith At Heart For The City
Overcoming drug addiction takes a team approach, and fortunately here in Laredo, there are organizations and resources that can help. (kgns.tv)